Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-08-2009, 10:17 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default RAID setup problems

Hi, I am trying to set up a new computer with a Raid 1 system. My problem is that whenever I get to the screen that says "press CTRL-I" to enter Raid Bios, I get no response and it just moves onto the next sceen. What am I doing wrong?

First of all, I built the system myself. Everything is brand new. I am running a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P motherboard with a Q9550 Intel Core2 Quad CPU and Corsair twin 2X4096-8500C5D G (2x2GB DDR2 memory). The hard drives are Western Digital 640GB Caviar Blacks.

Second: I have no problem getting into the bios.

Third: Have only tried cordless keyboard and a USB keyboard as I don't have access to a PS2 one.

I took the machine back to the shop where I bought the parts and they took it away and then called me in a few minutes later to show that they could get into the RAID Bios. I don't know what type of keyboard they were using. When I got home I still had the same problem.

At a loss

19greenman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:51 AM   #2
Baseband Member

Default Re: RAID setup problems

This tutorial states that CTRL-G is pressed to access the RAID BIOS

Motherboard: Foxconn BlackOps Intel X48 PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard Processor: Intel E8500 Core 2 Duo Ram: 2x OCZ Gold Memory 4GB DDR3 Drives: Akasa internal card reader and Samsung SATA Dual Layer Lightscribe ReWriter HDD: 3x 500GB Samsung Spinpo int 7200 rpm 32MB Cache Case: X-Case Viper Case Adapters: Radeon HD4650
wee2john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:47 PM   #3
Beta Member

In the Gigabyte manual it states that "CTRL-I" is used when setting up raid using ports supported by the ICH10R Southbridge and to use "CTRL-G" when setting up Raid using the Sata2 ports. I have tried both but still can't access either. No matter what I press, it just scrolls on past.
19greenman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:26 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

You probably need a legacy keyboard, then. Do you have any friends with old computers that use legacy devices?