Raid question

mattfla1983

Beta member
Just curious to know what would be better in my situation....I bought an Adaptec sata raid card, but after the fact, heard that it may add up to 10 sec. of boot up time which i am not in favor of.....would it be faster to buy another raptor and only use that drive to boot????? please help!!! thanks

Did you buy the card before knowing if your motherboard supports raid? If you use RAID 0, you will see a decrease in boot time. A single Raptor is a big setup up from a regular 7,200RPM hard drive.

no I knew that my mobo dint support raid and i was having trouble connecting more than 1 sata hdd at a time so i figured i would just buy a controller..when i bought the controller i found that it had raid options and that kinda appealed to me...i already am running my raptor now for the os but i have a bunch of other crap on it as well cuz my other drive is ide (snail). I heard that everything is faster with raid, but to be specific i heard with adaptec controllers, when going through post it checks each sata port 1 by 1 and it can add upto 10 sec of boot time.....thanks for the reply

Back
Top Bottom