Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-09-2006, 01:18 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Default Raid Drivers !!! Need Help !!!!

For the past 3 days I am breaking my head trying to install 2nd windows on my pc (it’s exactly the same version of windows as I have right now XP-Home). I am using 2X 400G WD HDD in a raid 0 configuration (800G Total) & A8N32-SLI Deluxe Motherboard. (It’s all in my signature) From the information that I gat so far, I was told that I need to download SATA Drivers, then unzip them, put them onto floppy, and boot that CPU with the win CD inside, then boot the CD and when it will ask me to load 3rd party drivers, I need to press F6 or something (not sure)

1st. This is very general…maybe someone can be more descriptive..? like what exactly do I need to put inside the floopy..etc
2nd. I can’t find the right drivers…
3nd I have no idea what to do next after I load the 3rd party drivers…etc (that’s if I get them to load)

Please help me out

Thanks.

- 120GB Crucial C300 SSD & 3X WD640AAKS HDD
- Dell 24" 2408WFP & 2407WFP-HC Monitor
Zer0Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:06 PM   #2
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Raid Drivers !!! Need Help !!!!

Try reading through this link and see if some of your questions are answered: http://computerforums.org/showthread...107#post225107

Key to this is getting SATA drivers from your mobo manufacturer. You dont need to set up RAID until after you load XP on your pc.

Personally ... what I would do is get a decent 40gb (20gb or bigger) IDE drive and load XP on it. Then get all the Windows updates, Service Pack 2 loaded. Then initialize your 2 SATA drives in computer management and configure the RAID you want in there. Then you wouldn't have to deal with the SATA drivers that you're struggling with. And if your Window's OS blows up on you and you need to reload ... all you got to do is reload the IDE drive ... the data on the RAID SATA's will be untouched.

But the above link gives you directions on how to install the drivers and what to expect. Good luck.

CrossCech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 05:42 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Raid Drivers !!! Need Help !!!!

Thanks man
- 120GB Crucial C300 SSD & 3X WD640AAKS HDD
- Dell 24" 2408WFP & 2407WFP-HC Monitor
Zer0Cool is offline   Reply With Quote