RAID 0 Question

diesel43078

Solid State Member
I recently took the SSD out of my gaming rig to put it in my laptop. I replaced the SSD with 2 WD caviar black 500GB HDD's in a RAID 0 array. My question is, one caviar black scores a 5.9 on the windows experience index, and RAID 0 increases drive performance, so why is my HDD score still 5.9 even in RAID 0? It's a fresh installation of windows 7 professional, with all updates. Any insight, advice, or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Anthony

Don't use WEI as a way of measuring performance. If things are loading faster, then you did it right.

Don't use WEI as a way of measuring performance. If things are loading faster, then you did it right.

I have no way of knowing if it's loading faster than with a single drive. It's actually slower then before, as I downgraded from an SSD to the RAID array. I'm not putting too much weight in the WEI, just wondering why it isn't any different than a single drive.

Ran a HD Tune benchmark and the average transfer rate on the RAID 0 array was 158.3. The only test results I could find after a quick search was a caviar black 640 with an average around 95. The benchmark is showing that it's obviously faster. I wonder why windows doesn't think so.

Back
Top Bottom