radeon x800 pro performance

j Rizzo

In Runtime
ok, so I finally got this new radeon card working thanks to kage and setishock, but I'm experiencing some picture breakup/distotion while playing Morrowind III. I've tried both the optimal performance and the optimal quality settings in catalyst but the problem is unchanged by either of them. any suggestions?

Yeah, it would matter performance wise XT or Pro, since XT kicks Pro's ass. Anyways....

First off, don't use the catalyst drivers. Use the DNA drivers, they are MUCH better. Secondly, if that doesn't work, you might want to try and switch the GPU out, the pixel or texture engine might be damaged, and if it is, that will occur.

Here is how to find out

Go to START BAR, click RUN, type in dxdiag in the run bar, and hit enter. Then go to video, then test Direct 3D and look for artifacts or breakup. If there isn't any, call ATi.

There is nothing wrong with the official ATI drivers, though some people do find 3rd paarty ones give them more support and speed... The new ATI ones are as fast as anything on newer cards.

As for that video card problem, I'm afraid it could be bad news like Eastern Digital thinksm :( Yeah run those tests and if there are no problems, it might be the game, so test another. If it does occur, i'm afriad it will be something to do with your card...

I hope its not though, and I hope you get it sorted.

Yeah but you've got to admit that most ebay auctions are oaky. If it didn't actually say there was a real problem with the card before you boguht it somewhere then I'm sure you can contact ebay to get something back from them, because that sort of thing is not allowed without clearly stating otherwise.

People should note that before buying in an auction, they should check the user rating before bidding. If its any lower than a certain amount because fo what people said about them, they should not be trusted. Just a warning to you...

yup. i dunno i've never bought anything from there...my step-mom cant figure out how to get paypal...pff anyway i wanna start buying from them so i can get 4 square kicker subwoofers for my car when i turn 16. around here they like $1500.00 each and yet on ebay u can get 2 for like $500.00.

but yea contact the selling. when my old card pixel engine died i started seeing purple and green dots and then stuff was "dragging" kinda.

I don't think the card is damaged I was told that it is unused, and I was just playing halo and I wasn't having the same breakup problem, I think I'll try that DNA driver. Yeah and ebay is sweet, I'm never buying anything from a store again, exept cigarettes and beer

LUNG CANCER!! lol j/k but not really. how easy is it to buy off of ebay? anyway yea if its not happening in other games its probably just that game

Back
Top Bottom