Radeon 9600 fan broke!

alex_boothby

In Runtime
Hi, i know its not great but the fan broke on my g-card, and it started to do some spin out stuff with the graphics...

eventually i realised what it was (the fan broke) i wandered if i could replace the fan (and where from) and if it would still work? or would the damage already be done?

Cheers AL

For a new fan just look at newegg, there should be atleast a few different vid card HSFs. And almost all of them should fit on ur card.

Quite hard to say if there has been some damage done since the temps are probably so high that they will cause artifacting. But what temps are u getting when doing just normal stuff like surfing the internet? Any artifacts when just viewing a webpage?

you should be able to get one on newegg, and just snap it in place... carfull though, you dont want to bread any part of the g-card.

well i only get the artifacts when playing a game really or anything that uses a lot of g-card power...
hardly ever using the comp normally.

new egg sounds good, but im in the UK...

thanks guys

I have no idea where you'd have to go to get one in the UK.. there must be some sites out there..

yeh, but no where as good as that newegg site! i have to keep looking, or i might just take the fan off an old north bridge

alex_boothby said:
well i only get the artifacts when playing a game really or anything that uses a lot of g-card power...
hardly ever using the comp normally.

new egg sounds good, but im in the UK...

thanks guys

well since there isn't any artifacts or anything when u are not doing anything I would assume that the card is fine and the artifacts appear just because the temperature is too high.

And probably every website that sells computer parts has some kind of vid card HSFs. Or then just go to ur local hardware shop and ask them.

Back
Top Bottom