Quiet Fans

thats the exact same fan and the exact same thing came with it on the other site:p just needed to show you a pic. also the resistor is automatic and will just convert the +12v to +5.5v right there inside of it :)

So wait , the fan runs at 5.5 all the time . Ok this is getting confusing , I want to be able to have the fans running full in the daytime then at night turn them down so it isnt as noisy

all you would have to do is open up the side and put that adapter on but i think the server might stay cool with them on 5.5 on all the time.

that adapter is optional with it the fan runs at 5.5 volts without it the fan runs at the standard 12v

O right . But thats a load if messing around to get voltages changed isnt it ,Dosent it just do the job of the fan mate but you have to pull the side off to run it quieter

Also what temps do you think a celeron 1.8ghz 400mhz bus should running at .
at the moment its running 52 idle and god knows what load

well servers usually dont get very much cpu usage that often so 52 idle isnt that bad, my 2.66ghz celeron in my family computer runs 45c idle 65c load and its been around for over 2 years i think

No its just i took the HSF off the other day forgetting i didnt have any thermal paste around so now i have had to put it back on with used thermal paste , I suppose i might as well replace the thermal paste .

Back
Top Bottom