Quicktime update - I DON'T want Itunes

toeknee

Baseband Member
Firefox has trouble streaming some video and the automatic and/or manual installation of plugins takes me to the itunes download page.

Even when going apple - quicktime - download still leads me to downloading itunes.

I want to upgrade quicktime but there is no way I am having itunes on my computer as an extra

Is there any way around this?

many thanks as always for any help

Tony

I have tryed downloading it without Itunes from the apple website with no success either. Bloody b*****ds!!.

On a totally unrelated note, do you use shareaza or limwire to indulge in downloading absolutely legal content?

*wink wink*

lol, I feel EXACTLY the same way. BUT, I know a way around it. Install WinRAR, right-click the iTunes setup, and choose 'Extract Here'. One of the extracted files should be QuickTime setup.

acphenom said:
lol, I feel EXACTLY the same way. BUT, I know a way around it. Install WinRAR, right-click the iTunes setup, and choose 'Extract Here'. One of the extracted files should be QuickTime setup.

how do I do that? Whats winrar? how can i click itunes setup when i don't have it?

thanks guys

Tone

Tone,

Winrar is a file extractor, Download Winrar, then download the installation files, Extract then find the Quicktime set up just do that.

you could always just leave it on your system, and not use it for music.....that's what I do. If you want to view some movie previews from quicktime, quicktime uses itunes movie store so you can view the movie previews...

lmao, NO, don't do that! Why? Cause then you have iPodservice.exe and iTunesHelper.exe running in the background. I know, you can disable them, but I'd rather still have iTunes just bugger off and leave me alone...with Winamp. :D

Plus there's more files to scan with iTunes installed.

yeah damn straight! why should i install something that i don't want?

while i'm at it i may as well download aol and realplayer! ;)

Tone

Back
Top Bottom