Quick Usb 2.0 question

paintballpunk43

Baseband Member
Sorry, I having a bit of a brain fart do most motherboards now a days come with USB 2.0 built in or do I have to buy one? My mother board is an ASUS M2A-VM HDMI AM2 and it says it has (USB 4 x USB 2.0) ports in the back but when I go to plug in a USB 2.0 device it says that the max supported speed is USB 1.1 How do I fix this or do I need to order a card?

Here is a screenshot form everest that says I have a USB 2.0 controller

You may need to install the appropriate drivers. Look on the install CD that came with the motherboard.

I went to install them off of the mobo disk and it is telling me that windows SP2 covers the USB 2.0 drivers and there is no reason to install them

Windows XP USB2.0 Driver Installation
====================================

Please using Windows XP SP1 (Service Pack 1) or later versions, you DO NOT need to
install this driver, because they already contain software support for USB 2.0.

Try installing them anyway. They may be a newer version.
The mobo cd will not let me install them. I repeat it physically won't let me install the USB 2.0 Drivers. I'm really frustrated at this because my external HDD is crawling in transfer speed.

Can someone please give me a link to some USB 2.0 Drivers. I'll make sure I give some rep points t would be really appreciated

Again my error message reads: "There are no Hi-speed USB host controllers installed on this computer"

UPDATE: Problem fixed
for future reference for those who might have problems with this.
Go to Control Panel -> then System -> Hardware -> Device Manager -> then go to the USB interface area and update the drivers.

My mistake I was making was that I was trying to load the ASUS Mobo disk and then trying to install the drivers off of there.

Back
Top Bottom