Quick Qustion

Ty_Lawrence

Baseband Member
I need a little help here, I was installing XP Pro onto my new harddrive, and I lost power at my house. So when I turned the pc back on it says NTLDR is missing please press alt-ctrl-delete to restart. I tried and nothing happens. What do I need to do so i can reinstall the OS?

I need a little help here, I was installing XP Pro onto my new harddrive, and I lost power at my house. So when I turned the pc back on it says NTLDR is missing please press alt-ctrl-delete to restart. I tried and nothing happens. What do I need to do so i can reinstall the OS?

If your BIOS is set to boot off a CD before hard drive, just press any key at the prompt. If It's looking at the hard drive first, you'll need to set BIOS to boot from CD first.

It'll start booting from the CD then it'll be the same thing as before.

are you pressing a key as it looks at the CD? Since part of an install is there, It won't boot automatically, it'll want you to press any key.

Does this come up with the cdrom in the tray??

"Press Any Key To Boot From CD" ??

If not then you are not configured to boot from cd, or your cd is messed up, or your drive isn't working..

yea that comes up, and when i press any key nothing happends. This is starting to piss me off, please help me

Back
Top Bottom