Quick Questions.

Artic Cooling is one often seen recommended for Core 2s with the Freezer 7 Pro being referred to there. Artic Cooling itself is another quality brand to consider if you simply don't have or don't want to spend the extra for the Zalman 9xxx models.

Zalman does have lower priced coolers to look over as well as those too. You can scroll through the list but look at socket type compatibilty for those seen at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...escription=&Ntk=&SpeTabStoreType=&srchInDesc=

For the price, it's hard to beat the AC 64 Pro. We also have a Zalman CNPS 9500 running in my kid's machine on another X2 5000+ BE. As much as I like Zalman products, this Arctic Cooling unit is a better buy IMO.

The only real problem with running a SLI setup in that case will be with hard drive location. The video cards are quite long and could interfere with the HDD depending on where and how many you have mounted in the case.

I personally think Zalman coolers are overpriced. For how much the 9700 costs it should perform better. Build quality is very good though.

Nowadays it's the HDT coolers that are hard to beat for their price.

I'd go for the Xigmatek HDT S1283. For 21.99 it's not bad at all. My temps stay around 20C at all times (RealTemp) on idle and maybe 25-30 on load. This is at stock speeds.

I'd go for the Xigmatek HDT S1283. For 21.99 it's not bad at all. My temps stay around 20C at all times (RealTemp) on idle and maybe 25-30 on load. This is at stock speeds.
Woah, what are your ambient temps? Live anywhere cold?

Sounds like an air conditioned case. When first going to use the 9500 on the old S462 build the temps didn't seem to come down that much. But like I mentioned before once everything was moved into a new case with far better air flow the temps dropped like a rock since the board was then running much cooler.

The 9700s and 9500s alike are strictly copper with a copper base while other coolers will see aluminum fins, a fan, and just copper use for the base alone. With a good air flow and plenty of copper you can't go wrong since that is the best heat conductor.

The prices for the Zalmans have come down from what their retail tags are as well as the initial mark downs by the vendors themselves since they must of finally realized they wouldn't sell as many without seeing a large drop from $75- down around $60 at this time.

cool, thats good news. i think i might go with the artic one because its cheaper and it has pretty good reviews and save some money. thanks for the help guys

Back
Top Bottom