Quick question on ME

PhucNose

Solid State Member
G'day folks. I'm hoping you can help with the following for me.

Right this is my suituation at the moment.
I have an old desktop PC running ME. ME was installed by the business that built the PC for me and they provided the ME install CD with the computer, but as far as I know no registery key.

I have just purchased a second hand laptop that has no OS.
What I want to do is install ME on the laptop and I wish to know how I go about doing this. Is the registery key stored on my desktop PC somewhere in order for me to "reuse" it??

Any help on the above, much appreciated.

cheers

Phucnose

DO NOT INSTALL ME!!!! ME is not a good OS at all. Go with xp, 2000 or 98. Any of those but not ME. You will be saving yourself alot of trouble.

Mate that is not the problem. Firstly I haven't had any problems with it at all.

What I need to know is how do I got about installing it on my laptop. I have the disk but not the key. Where do I find the key on my desktop, so I can install on my laptop?? Get it??

Excellent. Cheers mate.
Thankyou very much for that. I'll let you know how it all goes!!

Windows ME does not suck, I like it a LOT better than XP, It's XP that brings u all the problems. it always crashes, Windows ME is much better

FuRgy said:
Windows ME does not suck, I like it a LOT better than XP, It's XP that brings u all the problems. it always crashes, Windows ME is much better

pffffft.......whatever you say.
I had a computer with ME on it, totally sucked, crashing, hanging.....I was glad to get rid of it when XP came out. If I were you Phucnose, I would go out an buy a copy of XP home for 99 bucks and install that.....just my opinion

Back
Top Bottom