Quick question about JBOD setup

D-Sub

Beta member
OK...I lied. A few questions I guess

I have a large media library. Recently purchased a "750GB" (formats to 700 of course! Why not just advertise as such!) SATA drive, 3.0gb/s, and I have an older 250GB drive with the 1.5gb/s transfer rate. 750 is set to 1.5gb via jumper though.

1)can I put these two together in JBOD mode?
2)There is about 300GB on the 750. Can this data stay in order to use them both?

I found an external case that'll hold both drives and was thinking it would be nice to have "1tb" with both drives merged.

can I do this?

thanks in advance. I searched for JBOD but got no results here?

yes, you can use those in JBOD, as the size doesn't matter, but I believe you would have to to format the drives for JBOD to work, but I'm not sure.

oh...I understand the size doesnt matter, but what about the different transfer rates? I guess if the big one's jumpered to 1.5

if I have to format them I'm f-d, you're probably right though.

I believe that the 3.0 gb/s would have to be set to 1.5 gb/s for that to work. If I were you I would just keep them separate, and use one for some data and the other for other data (one for music and videos, the other for games and your os) this would also allow you to move data from the 250 to the 750 when ever you wish to reformat.

Back
Top Bottom