Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2011, 03:43 AM   #1
Beta Member
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2
Default Quick question

I want to know what this is on my powersupple fan,my old pc i had like i knob i could turn for the powersupple fan to run faster or slower and dont know what this is,

I havnt got a picture of it but looked on google for a random PS and found this picture

StarTech.com 300 Watt ATX Replacement Computer PC Power Supply Power supply - 300 Watt

What does that red button do underneath where you plug the lead in to.


PCMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 06:37 AM   #2
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Teny's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: United States
Posts: 5,957
Default Re: Quick question

Are you talking about the switch that has the number 115 or 230?

If so, those are voltages. Some countries uses 115 and others uses 230. For example, I think US uses 115 and Europe uses 230 IIRC.
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0