Quick Question: 2 Laptops Which one should i get.

ruairidco

Beta member
Hi, First post

Dont know much about laptops/spec
Understand RAM AND Harddrive size ect.

I was looking arround at different laptops. I spotted this one im currently saving for it. Its everything i need in a laptop 8gb fast enought can be expanned to 16gb. webcam, HDML Out, ect

TOSHIBA Satellite L850-1D5 15.6" Laptop - White at cheap prices | Pcworld

But then i see this laptop on ebay deals its on offer.

Cheapest Laptop TOSHIBA C855 Intel Dual Core 8GB 320GB 15.6" HDMI USB 3.0 BT 4026203933408 | eBay

Can anyone point out why its much cheaper. Not really bothered about the harddrive size. Apart from that i dont see much difference.

Thanks for reading :)

Hi, First post

Dont know much about laptops/spec
Understand RAM AND Harddrive size ect.

I was looking arround at different laptops. I spotted this one im currently saving for it. Its everything i need in a laptop 8gb fast enought can be expanned to 16gb. webcam, HDML Out, ect

TOSHIBA Satellite L850-1D5 15.6" Laptop - White at cheap prices | Pcworld

But then i see this laptop on ebay deals its on offer.

Cheapest Laptop TOSHIBA C855 Intel Dual Core 8GB 320GB 15.6" HDMI USB 3.0 BT 4026203933408 | eBay

Can anyone point out why its much cheaper. Not really bothered about the harddrive size. Apart from that i dont see much difference.

Thanks for reading :)

Welcome to the forum.

From a quick glance, it appears the difference in price is mainly due to the CPU. Since they are both old processors, I can't help you in which one is "better", but I can help you get better help. The other factor in price difference is the hard-drive space, but not as much as the CPU.

First off, we need to know what your intended use of this laptop will be, so we can be sure that you are buying something that is powerful enough to meet your requirements. After that, perhaps we could also help find better alternatives.

And as a side note, 8GB RAM is far more than enough. Note the build in my signature, nearly top-of-the-line, still only using 8GB RAM. Unless you need to run multiple memory-intensive programs simultaneously, you won't ever use that much RAM. You'd probably even be fine with 4GB, but we need to know more about what you need the laptop for.

Last edited:
Thanks,
Ill mainly be using the laptop for streaming movies thats why i need one with the HDMI Out, Downloading films (all legal ones of course) and little bit of gaming nothing major and just browsing the internet. Do those laptops i linked have Dvd Burners? Wouldnt be bad if that was included because sometimes i burn family dvds.

Both of them have DVD SuperMulti Dual layer optical drives, so, theoretically, they should both be able to read & write DVDs.

Back
Top Bottom