Quick question

When it says a monitor's native resolution is 1440x900 does that mean that's the most it'll go to or that's the resolution that's automatically set when you plug it in?

I'm just wondering because that's what mine is and I really want it to display higher resolutions for the future.

I'm just wondering because that's what mine is and I really want it to display higher resolutions for the future.

You can't go higher. Pixels are fixed.

Oh I see. Hopefully mine will lol. It's a Samsung SyncMaster 940BW. Got it maybe last year or 2 years ago for $300.

Looks like your stuck with 1440x900. I just looked up it's specs and that is also the maximum resolution.

Resolution
Optimum resolution 1440 x 900@60 Hz
Maximum resolution 1440 x 900@75 Hz

How much do you think I could get for it? I guess I'm going to have to sell the comp with the monitor and get a more recent one so I can run 1680x1050 or something like that.

i searched on ebay and for a 19" Samsung SyncMaster 940BW, the sellers sold it for about $100-$150.
i guess it depends if you listed it at the right time.
as for the computer (dell dimension), i dont know... maybe about $100-$130? (i could be wrong)

I don't need to. I would like to.

I guess I'm being bitchy about it.

@Teny: Thanks man. Back when my brother owned this he got an offer for all of it of $450...I'll see if the kid is still interested. I sold his brother, which is a good friend on mine, my old dell for $250 with a somewhat new Dell LCD 17".

edit: I'm sure I can hijack my own thread. What's so good about modular cabling on a PSU? Cable management?

Back
Top Bottom