A quick question

Ams

In Runtime
In order to play consoles on your computer what do u have to do? Do i need a video capture card? Or a new monitor with some hook up or what?
Thanks

Yeah , either a tv card or depending upon the console some monitors may have inputs

I know the XBOX360 has a (whatever the weird console socket it) to DVI cable, so you can plug it into a monitor. The official microsoft ones are about $30 i think, or you can get other ones of ebay for considerably less.

I intend to get one for when i (hopefully) go to uni this year.

I know the XBOX360 has a (whatever the weird console socket it) to DVI cable, so you can plug it into a monitor. The official microsoft ones are about $30 i think, or you can get other ones of ebay for considerably less.

I intend to get one for when i (hopefully) go to uni this year.
Not DVI, VGA. Big difference. I have the VGA cable, and it is nice to have though.

I was looking at running a PS2 or a Wii. Would i just need to connect the red,white and yellow cables into the inputs on the back of the monitor or what would i have to do in order to run a console on my monitor while its hooked up to my computer?

sum monitors have the component ports or w/e they are called (red, white, yellow) while others dont so u may have to buy a adapter ams showed u..it look like

Depends on the console. If it's anything that doesn't display HD resolutions, it's not going to have a very good picture on your monitor. Basically because the picture will have to be stretched out to accommodate the much higher resolution.

So unless you're talking about a PS3 or an Xbox 360 basically, it's not worth doing it.

Component or S-Video will give you terrible picture quality. HDMI or DVI will give you the best picture. VGA or Composite will also be pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom