I just got a new computer for Christmas. It's not awesome but it is ok. Anyways, the RAM was supposed to be 512 MB and when I ran the memory test at Crucial I got:
Maximum Memory Capacity: 1024 MB
Currently Installed Memory: 512 MB
Available Memory Slots: 1
Number of Banks: 2
Dual Channel Support: N.A.
CPU Manufacturer: GenuineIntel
CPU Family: Intel(R) Celeron(R) D CPU 3.20GHz Model 6, Stepping 4
CPU Speed: 3200 MHz
So on to the problem. It's not 512 MB. In fact it falls exactly 128 MB short of that number (384). I was pretty sure there was a fix for this... just couldn't remember what it was.