Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-28-2006, 12:24 PM   #1
Baseband Member

Default Quick Question!

Ive found out that p2p programs really dont get on with zone alarm. I like zone alarm! Anyway Im going to uninstall it and I was wondering if anybody could suggest an alternative firewall. The best one you can suggest!

Thanks for any help given!

Oh! and any decent reg cleaners.
Cheers!

inbrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 12:31 PM   #2
In Runtime

Default Re: Quick Question!

P2P programs work fine with ZoneAlarm. I know as I run ZoneAlarm all the time, while using Limewire and any other programs that I have used in the past. Just click "Allow" or "Accept" when the box pops up.

There shouldn't be a problem as long as you configure ZoneAlarm to let the P2P program to do its buisness.

Jamie.

jamieoliver22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 12:41 PM   #3
Baseband Member

I know, I get on ok with it. Its just that after a few hours of downloading with p2p or bittorrent, I get constant browser timeouts (I can still download n use msn tho). I have to restart router to get browser/s (firefox,IE) to work again. I have tried everything!!!

The only thing left to try is to uninstall ZA, as every body bitches about it on p2p and bittorrent forums.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:45 PM   #4
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to Lac3y

I've never had a problem with zone alarm and bit-torrents. Just make sure you accept the message and make sure the firewall is on 'medium'. You should find bit-torrents work no problem.

EDIT: you say you're using a router, are you sure the problem isn't that you haven't opened up the ports on your router to allow the bit-torrent to recieve incoming signals?
ATI Radeon HD4890 with VoltageTweak
OCZ Stealth XStream 600w PSU
Lac3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 01:01 PM   #5
Baseband Member

Seriously I have tried everything. I have opened all ports. I know what Im doing on that front. I have experimented with different connection settings for my router, installed lvllords tcp patch etc. All thats left now is to unistall ZA as there is some kind of problem experienced by a lot of people.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:32 PM   #6
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to Toby Send a message via Yahoo to Toby

Well, if you uninstall ZA and everything works fine again, I suggest using Outpost Pro... works fine for me.

Dell Inspiron 9400 Notebook 120GB 5400RPM SATA HDD, 500GB 7200RPM SATA External HDD, DVD+-RW, DVD+-RW External, Mobile Intel Calistoga i945PM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GhZ, 2GB DDR2-667MhZ Dual Channel SDRAM, Nvidia GeForce GO 7900 GS 256MB Single-Pipe.
TinyXP Rev05, PerfectDisk, TuneUp Utilities, Window Washer, Nod32, Bo-Clean, SuperAntiSpyware Pro, Spyware Blaster, Comodo Firewall Pro.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote