Quick Question

ChaosPsychoGame

Baseband Member
Would you prefer an Athlon 64 4400+ with a 7800GTX and a second optical drive, or an Athlon 64 4800+ with a 7800GT and just 1 dual layer optical drive?

I'd get a mixture.
Athlon 64 4400+ with a 7800GT and a second optical drive

Purely because with OCing you can get good performance out of both the processor and the GPU. Plus it is cheaper. Unless you want better specs for bragging rights...

Well if I get the 4400+ I'm getting the second optical drive a GTX. My main question is how much better is the 4800 in comparison to the 4400+ and how much better is the GTX in comparison the GT. I don't really need a second optical drive to be honest, but I thought I'd say the other thing I'm sacrificing.

Ok well,
With the processor the difference is 400MHz in clockspeed, (I'm pretty sure that's all you might want to talk to ownage for more help on this.) And that won't matter much since you plan on overclocking.

Regarding the GPU... I'd say get the GTX. It has better specs...

So there you have it option A...

the gtx will perform better in all games, but signifacant margins, sometimes outperfomring dual 7800gt's sli on the rare occasion :D , check some reviews at www.anandtech.com they have lost on the video cards.

Back
Top Bottom