Quick overclock question

Oh damn!!!!! You beat me to it. I was just pulling up that page. Yeah, you have to get a spare jumper and put it on those two pins sticking up. That shorts it out. Then take it off and restart PC.

Oh damn!!!!! You beat me to it. I was just pulling up that page. Yeah, you have to get a spare jumper and put it on those two pins sticking up. That shorts it out. Then take it off and restart PC.

also make sure your unplug your computer first, remove the battery, then short it out...

or at least that's how I have to do it on mine...

and btw 99nasha, I don't think it'd be a good idea for him to reset the cosmos, that may cause problems for all of us, not just him...

;)

I've done this before without doing all that. I just removed the side panel and moved the jumper around--carefully though, then let it sit for a bit. Then I move the jumper back or in his case, he'll have to take it back out. Then restart the computer.

You can unplug the power cable, and it's probably the best rule of thumb when doing anything to the PC. But the battery doesn't have to come out, well, at least on my motherboard it doesn't.

I've done this before without doing all that. I just removed the side panel and moved the jumper around--carefully though, then let it sit for a bit. Then I move the jumper back or in his case, he'll have to take it back out. Then restart the computer.

You can unplug the power cable, and it's probably the best rule of thumb when doing anything to the PC. But the battery doesn't have to come out, well, at least on my motherboard it doesn't.

my old motherboard's manual said to do it, maybe I should've tried what you said, it would've saved me time and the hassle of taking out my agp vc every time...

it may depend on what mobo he has as well...

Back
Top Bottom