Quick overclock question

browserjoe

In Runtime
I have a c2d 2.13 ghz and i overclocked the CPU clock ratio from 6x to 7x and the CPU host frequency from 200 mhz to 220 mhz

now nothing shows up on my monitor and my 8800GTS's fan makes a lot of noise...

so how do i reset this? i remember someone saying you could unplug comp and remove mobo battery for a certain amount of time.

try locking your video card clock to 110, and your pci clock to 33.33mhz in your bios, that will help

My god people! Learn computers! You need to reset the cosmos. Which is small button near the Ram often the color of red. Push this and computer will reset fine

i cant find the button. heres a pic of my mobo tho:

gbts3.jpg

u can take a look at the mobo manual to find it in the jumpers sect. if this was prebuilt then u wont have a manual

Yeah, resetting CMOS is the only option here. It really depend on the motherboard. I have a Gigabyte motherboard too and usually, removing a jumper and shorting it out by plugging it in the other way, then reset back to it's original position clears CMOS. These days, you don't have to take out the battery unless it's dead.

But give us the motherboard number so we can see about finding a manual. It has got to be in there. So you can't even access the BIOS setup screen? Man, got to clear thta CMOS.

Ive found it!!!! After hours of looking I just downloaded the manual. Its near the battery. Look at the pic :)

cosmos.jpg

Back
Top Bottom