Quick MSOffice Question..

_-..zKiLLA..-_

Fully Optimized
as some of u know, i found a 120gb HD layin around my house so i put it in my Computer and got it up and runnin... i was originally (and still) runnin off a 20gb HD.. if i was to reinstall XP on my new HD will all my programs be deleted.. because some programs (Like MS Office) are limited to how many computers u install it on... or will it know that its the same computer :confused: :confused: ...

i think as long as its the same mobo it should be ok with the limited number of computers you can install it on, the best thing to do is to install xp on the new hdd, and reformat the old drive, install all the programs on the new hdd and save all your files on the old hdd, soo if your computer goes down and you have to reinstall xp then you still have all your files on the old hdd, but it is best if you install programs like msoffice on c drive

actually to think of it. i might just do a repair instead of a full install.. and all my files that i download.. Music, Pictures etc. i'll keep on my bigger drive.. cuz im gonna need a HD bigger than 20gb over time...

is it possible to put programs on a different drive then the drive it needs to Boot up?

Yes you can install your programmes to a different drive, that's what Rudster was trying to say in your other thread, it just means during installation you will have to choose "Custom" and select the destination directory/partition.

As to your other ponderings above regarding Office, it may or may not activate over the net (depends how many times it has been activated in the past) or you may need to call Microsoft to activate, it's an easy thing to do, you read a string of numbers to them, they read back a string, you type them in, activate, all so simple.

Back
Top Bottom