A quick glance at SLi.

Here's my question: Is turning on and off the SLI as easy as clicking a check box?

Also, why can't you use 2 monitors in sli? This kid in my school, Jon, he has 2 7600. Idk if they're in SLI or not. But he can hook up to 4 monitors to his computer. Now here's the reason for my question, if the 2 cards support 4 monitors, why would SLI limit you to 1 if the 2 monitors would be plugging in the primary card?

EDIT: Which card is the primary? The one with the monitor?

Sorry for all questions, just wanna get it cleared up.

Yes, turning SLI on and off is as simple as "clicking a check box".

The primary card is the one mounted in the first PCIe slot.

According to the SLI Zone Faq SLI mode only supports a single monitor. But in normal mode, you can use four monitors using Nvidia's nView multi-display technology and Windows built-in multiple display support.

Here's my question: Is turning on and off the SLI as easy as clicking a check box?

Also, why can't you use 2 monitors in sli? This kid in my school, Jon, he has 2 7600. Idk if they're in SLI or not. But he can hook up to 4 monitors to his computer. Now here's the reason for my question, if the 2 cards support 4 monitors, why would SLI limit you to 1 if the 2 monitors would be plugging in the primary card?

EDIT: Which card is the primary? The one with the monitor?

Sorry for all questions, just wanna get it cleared up.
Yes

You can't because both graphics cards are working together to make a single output. If you had multiple monitors, you're losing power by having to output to another monitor, and the whole point of SLI is to maximize performance. He can still have the 4 monitors, the cards are just not working together in SLI.

Yes, the primary card is the one with the monitor.

Back
Top Bottom