Quick computer case fan question...

BumpSkillz

Solid State Member
I just want to know what is the best way to have the side case fan blowing in a case. My side fan has that tunnel that goes into the case and right onto the processing fan. My logic told me that the fan should blow OUT of the case to get the processor fan air out of the case quicker, but after turning the fan that way, my CPU temp seems to have gone up 2 degrees.

Is it SUPPOSED to be facing the fan? It just seems strange to me that the case fan will blow towards a fan that is blowing air right back at it... :confused:

I think it is suppose to blow into the case since it is taking cold air from the outside to cool the CPU down. You would want a fan on the top of the case pulling air out since the hot air coming from the CPU would rise to the top.
But then again you said it has that shroud around it so maybe that makes things different.

The way I'v set it is this:

The back of PC/Door: Air blows in

Front: Air Blows out

Make an air cycle...my cPU dropped 10 degrees because of that

lhuser said:
The back of PC/Door: Air blows in

Front: Air Blows out

That's what I do, but make sure the intake is down low and output up high, for me that meant in at front bottom and out at top back, depends on your case.

It's up to every one. My inflow is high in the case and the outflow is in the bottom front of the case. Works preety well

Hot air rises, so it would be better for your case to exhale up high, although IMHO it might make only a tiny tiny improvement. If you feel like it try flipping your fans around? I would but I'm too lazy :)

Back
Top Bottom