Quick 980GTX question (pics included)

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Hopefully today I will finish my buld, al i need to do is connect the vid card and all the fan wires.

I have a question about the connections that the 9800GTX has. I know it requires two 6 pin connectors, but if u take a clouser look at the pic, there is also a 2 pin connector, and my PSU has the exact same connector for it, what us the 2 pin connecor for? thanks

12.jpg

And here is the pic of my PSU connectors;

17-814-014-12.jpg

I think that small connector is the Sony/Phillips Digital InterFace or SPDIF connector.

I think you use it with HDMI.

So don't connect that power plug to it yet.

The 2 pin connector is to get audio input to the card for HDMI output. Nothing to do with the 6+2pin power connector.

I think that small connector is the Sony/Phillips Digital InterFace or SPDIF connector.

I think you use it with HDMI.

So don't connect that power plug to it yet.

The 2 pin connector is to get audio input to the card for HDMI output. Nothing to do with the 6+2pin power connector.

Thank you guys. Because I have no HDMI I guess it doesn apply to me

check the manual?

That was the first thing I did, there is nothing there about it.

***EDIT***

One last question,

This card had a buch of connectors/adaptors for its power connectors, do I need to use them? Because my PSU has a direct two 6 pin power connectors. (as shown in the pic above) Should I just the the power connectors from my PSU directly to the Vid Card?

Thanks

Use the psu leads.

My 9800GTX should be here either today or early next week, so we can compare

:D

This card had a buch of connectors/adaptors for its power connectors, do I need to use them? Because my PSU has a direct two 6 pin power connectors. (as shown in the pic above) Should I just the the power connectors from my PSU directly to the Vid Card?
Using the PCI-E 6 pin connectors from the PSU is always better than the molex adapters.

And you 9800GTX owners are doomed, my HD 4870 will pwn all.

Back
Top Bottom