questions about recording tv

akshay313

In Runtime
hi, i want to record tv but im not exactly sure the best way 2 do it.
ive heard u can use a computer and tv tuner card or a DVR.

if i wanted it for recording some HD-tv and playing it back which way would be better (cheaper and more efficient)

- buying a computer without a monitor with tv tuner card
- buying a dvr

also do u have 2 pay per month for recording tv with a dvr, and can you upgrade their hard drives?

thanks

DUnno what DVR is, We dont have that sorta stuff in Australia :(

But a HD TV tuner card only cost about 100 bucks, But You will need a monitor to see the TV wouldn't You?, You have to be logged onto XP and open the software of your TV tuner card to be able to use it. Also You will need to have the reception cable plugged into the TV card, or do you guys have wireless up there? We dont really have that here, Well we do But when I bought my TV card I thought the use of it was to just be able to watch, I didnt know you actually had to plug in the reception cable lol and my computer is too far from my TV so meh...... DVR? I dont know if you mean DVD recorder, BUt meh DVD recorder would be the best out of all of them.

does a dvd recorder jus record tv on to dvds or does it have a harddrive that you can save shows 2?

I think they all have hard drives, though they tend to just specify maximum recording time. This one actually states hard drive size though.

if you use something like TIVO , then yes it will have a hd (harddrive) to record to, although there are DVR recorders that record straight to a DVD in real time like the one i got..;)

-edit-

and i have a dual layer format so i can squeeze up to eight hours of recording, just like a VCR..i can change the record speed from 1hr up to 8hrs.

Back
Top Bottom