Questions

zeroFx

Solid State Member
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum here.

Alright, just a few questions here. I might be making my first purchase on the Internet and I'm asking you guys, is it safe?

Do you guys use PayPal?

Ever encountered a problem?

I'm planning to buy a computer along with Flight Simulator X (FSX)+ the Saitek yoke. (maybe even the rudders... or use pedals from racing games if possible...)

If I'm going to make a purchase on the Internet, if anything from what I've heard, PayPal is the safest thing on the Internet. I don't know how I will convince my Mom (she's kind of old fashioned in a way, doesn't trust the internet) but the prices for some stuff are better on the Internet.

I can buy FSX from Amazon for $45, but if I purchased FSX from BestBuy I would need to pay something like $60-65.

Another question, can I use gas pedals made for racing games to work with FSX along with my yoke?

Do you guys use PayPal? - Yes

Ever encountered a problem? - Not in the 8 years I've used it

If I'm going to make a purchase on the Internet, if anything from what I've heard, PayPal is the safest thing on the Internet. - It can be if you purchase from reputable dealers and do your homework before buying. About the safest way is to do a credit card transaction through PayPal. That way if you get ripped off, you can recover your money through your credit card company.

Thanks for the fast reply. What do you mean reputable dealers. Dealers that are trustworthy?

Yes, trustworthy dealers. Such as those with high feedback scores on eBay or places like Amazon, Newegg, etc.

But you never know on eBay. Even if someone has a rep, you never know if something can go wrong.

When you are purchasing something through PayPal, do you pay first before you get your item?

The reason I'm asking this is because I've heard that you don't pay until you get the item. Not sure if this is true or not.

Yeah you have to pay before you receive the item,I havent had a problem buying from reputable seller on ebay,also paypal has buyer protection options.

Like said above by Neodude you pay before hand, but some Ebay sellers will offer a tracking number for your item, I would get it also the shipping insurance.

Yea, you never know, there's always that risk, but that's why you only deal with highly rated traders.

You always pay first before the seller ships the item. Sometimes a "ship first" deal is struck in the for sale forums like here, but never on eBay as far as I've seen.

Yeah you have to pay before you receive the item,I havent had a problem buying from reputable seller on ebay,also paypal has buyer protection options.
Are buy protection options expensive?

Like said above by Neodude you pay before hand, but some Ebay sellers will offer a tracking number for your item, I would get it also the shipping insurance.
Oh I see, well how much does that usually cost?

Yea, you never know, there's always that risk, but that's why you only deal with highly rated traders.

You always pay first before the seller ships the item. Sometimes a "ship first" deal is struck in the for sale forums like here, but never on eBay as far as I've seen.
Maybe I'll think twice purchasing stuff from eBay. Otherwise if anything, I'll just convince my mom to get a PayPal account to purchase stuff from stores like Amazon, Tiger Direct, etc.

Back
Top Bottom