questionn

GreddyTegra

Baseband Member
hello all, i have a problem. i was recently install a power supply in a new comp and i decided to used long screws...big mistake :( i actually screwed it into the power supply and now on the board on the supply there is actually a nice scratch on the board. will this affect my performance and will it still work properly?

-brian

Well it won't affect performance, the major concern if it will work.

Try it out...

You can short the powersupply on but that won't tell you much if you don't have anything hooked up to it to tell if its outputting anything.

alright ill try and set something up, i hope everything is fine if not can i return the power supply?

just connect a paper clip into the green wire slot, and any black one, and plug it in. it wont shock you or anything if you touch the paper clip either

alright so ive setted it up now and things seem to be running fine, how will i know if anything is wrong?

BTW if your if your BIOS is showing that your PSU is putting out 12.4V on the 12V rail and a program tells you that it is putting out 11.4, then the BIOS is right and the program is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom