A Question Regarding RAM

AmagicalFishy

Baseband Member
Hi, guys.

I have what some of you may consider a silly question. I'm really stingy when it comes to money, but I'm also really wanting when it comes to my computer.

All I want to do for now is upgrade from 2GB of RAM to 4GB of RAM. I know my mobo. can support it.

Will that help WoW (just about the only semi-demanding game I play right now) run at a higher FPS? Not even better quality graphics, just more FPS. I don't plan on upgrading the graphics card & power supply for another couple of months.

I'm pretty sure you'll be fine with 2GB. The only thing you'll really benefit from is new RAM that runs at a faster speed or tighter timings.

I'm pretty sure you'll be fine with 2GB. The only thing you'll really benefit from is new RAM that runs at a faster speed or tighter timings.
and Ntune fixed that for my RAM (even tho the default settings r too fast for supercomputers ;))

You just gotta make sure it's stable. Did Ntune give you access to voltages?

You just gotta make sure it's stable. Did Ntune give you access to voltages?

No. But I don't change the voltage there -usually never anyway-, I would change it in bios if i ever did. And timing changes I don't think requires volt mod

It's just that tightening up your timings can cause instability if there isn't enough voltage.

It just depends on how far you go. I've ran DDR2 at 2.19V for almost a year and it ran just fine, not that I recommend going that high. My current RAM is at 2.07V.

Back
Top Bottom