question on which processor is better

Raccoonist

Beta member
Which would be better ?

amd phenom ii x4 965
or
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

i will be mainly playing games like world of warcraft, crysis, left 4 dead, far cry 2 , and surfing the web

also if you could explain why 1 is better then another (to help me learn) that would be very appreciated

ive seen a lot of benchmarks for the x6 1055T and it will destroy the x4 in the things like 3d imagining and so forth, but whenever i go 2 games like crysis the x4 beats it a little bit, maybe 2-3 frames sometimes or more, but also i wont be multi tasking that much, i sometimes play music with world of warcraft but thats about it, ill usally settle with the music in the game and only have the game running, would the x6 still be better in this case ?

go for the cheeper one
you will not notice a difference.

gaming is just about the GPU power when it comes down to it when ur over 3Ghz on a quad core or more.

and when u say multi tasking.
when it comes to CPU's with 4+ cores of any kind

your going to need to do a hell of ALOT more to slow them down then play crysis with some media playing in the back ground.
even my old single core Athlon 2.0Ghz could do that. trust me when i say these procs have more power then u'd ever need.

Which would be better ?

amd phenom ii x4 965
or
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

i will be mainly playing games like world of warcraft, crysis, left 4 dead, far cry 2 , and surfing the web

also if you could explain why 1 is better then another (to help me learn) that would be very appreciated

Neither is better but the one you choose depends on what your doing on the machine.

If your running some heavy multi-thread app's that will scale properly across all available cores then go for the 6 core. Otherwise the quad is fine.

With gaming in mind, go with the cheapest of the two as previously said and spend more money on your graphics card.

Back
Top Bottom