A question on my lips for ages.

Lifelong-newbie

Solid State Member
Simple, vista now, or vista later. I say vista later, since not alot of good news has come from people i know about it. ie, Memory hogging, Bugs, patches needed, compatibility problems. Theseproblems will iron themselves out sooner or later but is it worth the worry now, or the easier process later on. This aint a poll about wether vista is good compared to Mac osx (windows mann all my life) but wether the time is right for the most revolutionary OS ever.

if you dont need vista (which im sure you wont) then stick with xp, which is fine for a few more years.

i say vista later , there is very little drivers at the moand what drivers there are may not be very stable , and i would wait for a service pack to come out , i am going to hold out till late this year to early -middle of 08 mainly cos i am going to be needing some major rebuilding to happen first , another thing what are yourr pc'sspecs at the moment

I will be upgrading in the summer for two reasons. 1 is DX 10. i got a card that supports it, and i want to utilize it. Two, if i'm expected to know how to fix them, i need to know how to use it.

dude_se said:
if you dont need vista (which im sure you wont) then stick with xp, which is fine for a few more years.
Im with you dude, dont bother if you dont need to, p.s ive been down that road myself, i have a ancient computer 1800+ processer 1gig ram 40gig hd, gf force 5200 graphics card and although it went on ok, it takes a long time to boot (with vista on) then you will have driver issues to deal with like printers, scanners,cameras etc,
If you do decide to go with vista run the vista upgrade tool first to see how it will run with your system configueration

I tried vista, looks great, runs pretty bad. As in not much really works for it yet lol. and to much ram used holy crap

Well it's not really a downgrade. It's way easier to use than XP, as I've found. The only problem is the lack of drivers. Microsoft needs to streamline it a bit too, but it's a very well made OS.

alvino said:
Microsoft needs to streamline it a bit too, but it's a very well made OS.
Vista= Bloatware. In this day and age of leaner and meaner, MS releases an OS that needs 15 GB of HDD space and is a huge resource hog. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom