Question with Monitors.

OTSS

In Runtime
Alright I have been confused about this for sometime. I have a 24 inch LCD. Can I get any higher FPS than 60? I know on UT3 I get max 60-62FPS. It never goes higher but rarely goes lower on max settings. How do people play other games and get 100+ FPS? Are they using a CRT? Will I be able to get higher than 60FPS? Is LCD just limited to 60Hz therefore 60FPS? Can 60Hz get higher than 60FPS? How does a CRT compare?

long story short, they have a better and more expensive graphics card.

Play a game that isnt that much graphics demanding, and you will get more than 60FPS, or lower the graphics setting.

So it is possible to get higher FPS with an LCD? I know UT3 Is pretty graphics intensive and my graphics card runs it maxed. I should be able to get more than 60FPS I even tried to unlock the cap that UT3 sets but it never goes higher than 62FPS. Maybe I will try a diff game because my graphics card can push out more than 60FPS.

Try disabling V-Sync in the game control panel. V-Sync ties the game's frame rates to the monitor's refresh rate to help prevent tearing. Disabling it will allow the game to run at it's highest FPS.

You could always run the game at lower settings. 60 - 62FPS at maxed settings seems perfectly fine to me. If the game is completely playable at 60FPS, why worry about what somebody else can get?

I never worry about other people's performance. If my machine can run the game at acceptable frame rates and is enjoyable to play, I'm happy. :D

There is a config file that sets the max FPS at 60, it's supposed to ensure seemingly smoother gameplay. Example, FPS ranging from 40-60 will seem smoother than 40-120.

NFS ProStreet is locked at 30FPS.
I couldnt get higher than that nor lower.

A monitor has no affect on the total FPS that you will receive from the game. However, a monitor that is running at 60Hz will only refresh 60 times per second. This means that you will only see 60 FPS. If you receive a higher FPS than 60, it will look the same. However, anything below 60, you will get tearing or skipping of pixels.

In short, to get higher framerates you need a better video card.

Back
Top Bottom