Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-02-2005, 02:34 AM   #1
Beta Member

Default Question Booting Problems PLEASE HELP

Today I began putting together my new system. Let me explain my problems and maybe somebody can help. Booted fine no problem to begin with. Began Windows installation and when system rebooted, lights came on, but no Hard Drive sounds no Monitor, no Keyboard nothing. So I tried diffrent things and one such thing was to clear the CMOS using Motherboard Jumper. After doing this system reboots I set CMOS for Default settings. Everything running fine install next portion of Windows XP and when reboots same problem. So again after clearing the CMOS system reboots. Finish installing windows all is good no other problems at all. But everytime I boot my computer it must have a clear CMOS or nothing happens, WHat's my Problem. Why is my motherboard stalling out on me?

Scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 02:56 AM   #2
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to Duzz Send a message via MSN to Duzz Send a message via Yahoo to Duzz
Default Re: Question Booting Problems PLEASE HELP

Only addvice on this which im not all that good on. What is all connected to your computer, make sure you are just useing your mouse keyboard and monitor. No exsternal Devices. If that helps cool if not I dont know anything about programs. or Bios.

Old 07-02-2005, 08:39 AM   #3
Beta Member

Default Re: Question Booting Problems PLEASE HELP

That's all I have connected right now. For some reason on boot the integrated systems don't get power. It has something to do with CMOS because if I clear that everything runs like a dream.IF somebody understands this stuff please let me know what's going on.
Scrap is offline   Reply With Quote