Question about Windows Vista

bwise1

Solid State Member
I going to buy windows Vista Premium, can I buy the oem for 99.99 or do I have to buy the Premium upgrade for 129.99, which is better 32 bit or 64 bit. I did some research on Intels website and it said you can install more memory with 64 bit, and if you do video editing or a lot graphics 64 bit is the way to go, otherwise 32 is better for most people, so I guess I'll stay with 32 bit, I don't do any gaming. I want to dual boot, I have winxp on one drive and I'll be installing Vista on it's own harddrive.

Winxp home edition SP3
Intel MB DG33FBC LGA 775 retail
CPU Dual Core Intel P E2180 Allendale 2.0GHz retail
Crucial Memory 2GB (1x2) DDR2 667 Dual channel
Seagate 160GB sata harddrive Oem
Lite-ON 20x sata DVD Burner with Lightscribe retail
Standard floppy drive

Thanks
bwise1

the oem premium should be fine i think the only difference would be the retail you can install on upto 3 pc's where the oem is only 1 ??

n e ways dont bother with 64 bit the only benifit in my opinion is if your installing 4 or more Gb of RAM

Thanks ssc456 for the quick reply. How is everything in good old England.

Bill W
bwise1

its not too bad actually sun is shining and has been for the past week or so only rained once in the last week aswell so pretty much as good as it gets here :)

depends if you can be bothered with 64 bit. its only worth it if you need the most performance possible from the os and are willing to look around for drivers/ make the most of the 4+gb ram option. otherwise just stick with 32 bit

Back
Top Bottom