Originally Posted by dorfman
yes, it would be safe to install xp on your mother's cpu. As long as its not the same version of XP...does that make sense? Like you can't buy one copy of XP and put it on two computers, MS gets a little upset at that.
However, you might want to look at your mom's cpu to make sure it can run XP...it shouldn't be that much of a difference however, older comps might have a little hard time running XP.
Lolz eef that. Trust me I have formated one disk of Windows XP. IDC if this is illigal advice, but it needs to be said. If you are going to pay $200.00 for an OS when Linux (Open source) is out there you should be able to put it on more than one system. Microsoft blows, but I'll be the first to say I do use XP, but barely. I cusomized it so much that it pretty much could be called open source. Anyways I have this memorized down to the voice of the instructor. Here it gose:
1) A machine will pick up and ask you what you are trying to register
2) Tell it the numbers, that it instructs you (NOTE they will probley never find the actual code to give you)
3) Once it can't find the right activation code then you must be transfered to some guy you can't understand (He's a guy named Rick, and you know his name is not Rick, and you know he's not from the US because of his heavy accent from India.)
4) As he is looking up your activation code he will ask "Have you used this disk on anyother system in your home"...Heres the main part SAY NO! It's not like your going to mass produce it and spam the cd-key, and if you do I admit that is very wrong of you.
5) He will say thank you, and give you your activation key.
I'm sorry if thats illigal, but seirosly the OS is 200 dollars and they excpect you to pay that for each PC in your house. Thats redicules to the common household person. Also sorry about three if you find that racist I'm not It's just so funny when they say that you are being transfered to the someone and you get someone that you can barely understand. I just want to say that I have not once got a person that had an English, or Generic United States accent, or no accent at all. I always get someone that you can tell they were from Japan, China, India, or even Russia