Question About Wattage

Machine789

Solid State Member
Bit of a noob when it comes to computers but this is my question: Im looking to get a new case for my computer because my current one is a little busted up, and ugly. I cannot find the output wattage of the current one, nor do i know if it matters if i get a new one with a different output power. So basically, if i have say a 270 watt output will a 450 watt output case blow anything within the mobo? OR will there be no problem with doing this. Also, i need to find what wattage my current one is, I looked all over the system and i cant find out how many watts it is. Is there a folder or some file that will tell me this?

thanks a lot.

Yea thats what i figured but i jus wanted to make sure b4 i spent the cash. Thanks a lot

Cool; as for the actual wattage of your PC... its hard to tell. There are some sights but on all but a few PCs 450Watts will do fine.

im sorry netlight im not a guru nerd like you just wanted a quick question answered if ur gonna go out of your way to post in my thread to say something stupid, then do it to someone who cares. As for lord kalthorn thanks a lot for the help i appreciate it and am glad your not a punk like that bill gates wannabe

nothing at all but the kid is prolly trying to be like him when he clearly never could! :)

Back
Top Bottom