Question about possible firewall from my rouder

()verl)ose

Beta member
I recently bought a new computer, and to get an internet connection to both the computers in our house i had to buy a rouder... obviously. But i've noticed that i'm restricted to some after i set up the rouder.

Now i only set up the rouder to connect to the net on both computers, they're not really networked together other then that. The rounder i have is a Star Tech Cable/DSL Router... pretty straight forward... rather basic little unit as far as i know.

The restrictions i'm talking about are when i try and send/recieve audio, video conversations, any kind of two way connection through say... MSN... also when i tried to host Counter Strike or Doom 3 servers, my friends said that even though they did a search for the server IP, nothing was listed...

I'm new to rouders so forgive my noobism, but i'd appreciate any suggestions you guys/girls might have as to how to correct my little "problem".

Thanks.

Um, well you need to access your router's configuration ..didn't your router come with instructions? In order to get to do all that stuff, you need to port-forward and open up all of those so you can actually use the router without being restricted.

Back
Top Bottom