Question about my Seagate Barracuda

It also says this on Seagate's website:
Normal sounds include:

1. Whining noise during drive spin-up.

2. Regular clicking or tapping sounds during drive access.

3. Hard clicks when the drive heads park.

If I should replace it then, what's the best brand of hard drive you can buy right now? I was thinking of a Western Digital or a Samsung. I don't want another Seagate.

Western digital is the best IMO.

But my cousin has a Seagate Barracuda, perp. recording technology. and it does that to every once and a while. It just goes Tick. and thats it.

Nothing to be worried about.

If it's still under warranty, you could contact Seagate about getting it replaced. Their customer service is top notch.

I have four Seagate drive in two different systems. They all work great. I haven't experienced the "click".

As for different brand drives, you really can't go wrong with any of the top name manufacturers. Western Digital, Seagate, Samsung, Hitachi, all make good quality drives.

Don't Seagate drives have a 5 year warranty? I just checked and I've actually had the drive since December of 2005. So the drive is almost 2 years old. But the thing is, if they'll replace the drive they will probably want me to send them the one I have; I can't do that because I don't have another drive to mirror the current one onto.

Blank dvd's are cheap enough now, depending on how much u have to backup this might be a viable solution.

My brother's got a Seagate SATA 7200 rpm that has always made a kinda beep noise (best way to explain it). Now it's running really slow, so it may be on it's way out. I haven't had any problems with any Western Digitals. They are silent (brand new), or are not very audible (2 year old HD).

Back
Top Bottom