A question about my processor.....

Comp_Pro

In Runtime
ok so here it goes, i can open my computer case up, remove the cable that leads from my processor to the "fan" slot and turn on my computer. it starts normally, start-up loads and yeah.

now, when i open SpeedFan, i get a reading of NOTHING on my cpu fans (which is a good thing) but the tempreture has raised a bit. it normally stands at around 40-55 degrees and when i disable the fan it stands at around 58-65 degrees. could this harm my computer? i think it would save a lot of power and i could use the heat sink because it cools its self down and when i put my comp to standby it still has the fans and everything running while my brothers computer is as quiet as a mouse.

Is this safe?

The temps will do that. Is your brothers processor older than yours? That may be why he doesn't need a fan. Definitely put the fan on.

Yea, put the fan on lol, your prossesor will be like frying. Anything anyway to keep your computer cool is usualy better so it would be wise to keep the fan on! :D

well it was kind of funny one day i was testing out extreme tempretures on my processor it standed at 115 degrees celcius and it didn't fry!!!! so i put the fan on immediatly after that and right now as i am typing my fan is disabled and its at 57 degrees.

Yea the fan is there to cool it down.

Those temps are a little high, and I'm sure if you put it on load it would overheat. I would suggest putting the fan back on.

Back
Top Bottom