Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-19-2004, 02:03 PM   #11
Solid State Member

I was a little confused, but I understood the part about you guiding me through the cd drive thing, so if you could do that, then that would be great.

-Matt

ImPoRtFrEaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 04:49 PM   #12
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Ok then, if you have a CD Drive and you know it works then:

1. On the bck of the CD Drive are two leads leading off - a wide thin one - the Data Ribbion and one with four leads (Red Black Black and Yellow) which has a chip off a corner to show which way round it goes. Take these two out and make sure you put them somewhere they won't gt lost - don't pull them out at the other end!

Remember the Dirction of the Ribbon Cable for when you put it back on

2. The CD drive is attached to the Case by Two Screws (on either side if the case opens like that), undo these screws. Make sure the CD Drive is held up so it doesn't fall and snag something.

3. Take the CD Drive out

4. Put the new CD drive in - and put all the cables in as you found them. the power will not go in the wrong way round but the Ribbon may - don't forget to remember the way it came out!

5. Put the case back on and power it up. When it boots up and you get onto Windows - put a CD in which you know works, wait a little while for t to stop spinning, and then check it.

I'll be interested to hear how it goes. To save time it would help if you knew the CD Drive works first.

Old 02-19-2004, 08:42 PM   #13
Solid State Member

I really appreciate your help, but where am I supposed to get a new CD drive? Also, how much work will this require and if you can help me on how to fix my computer without spending money, that would be the best for me.

-Matt
ImPoRtFrEaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 01:32 PM   #14
Guru

Well; I did say changing the CD Drive is best only if you have a CD Drive spare.

I don't think you can do anything to it without spending money - if Windows thinks its there and it says there's nothing in the drive then i'd imagine the CD Drive is just Busted. in which case to do anything you're going to need a new CD Drive - you will have to work out whether its also worth the time and the trouble and the money to keep the Computer.
Old 04-02-2004, 08:56 AM   #15
Solid State Member

Thumbs up Solution

I can build you a awsome gaming computer and wont give you any trouble...email me if you are interested, and the price would be cheap.
Flyguy11286@hotmail.com.
buythisplz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 10:06 AM   #16
Guru

You should put that in the Advertising Forum is you want to sell something - although this is an old Thread and a very small percetnage of people stay on here after getting their question answered.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:23 AM   #17
Site Team

Default Re: Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by buythisplz
I can build you a awsome gaming computer and wont give you any trouble...email me if you are interested, and the price would be cheap.
Flyguy11286@hotmail.com.
Try it in the For Sale board.