Question about installing Windows Vista on a SATA hard drive.

arcaderat100

Solid State Member
Hi everyone:

I just installed a Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L motherboard on my computer. Now I'm just getting the other parts together. I'm thinking about getting a SATA Hard drive instead of a PATA hard drive, and install Windows Vista on it. But I heard that you need to load drivers when you install vista, or else the installation program won't recongize the hard drive. The motherboard only came with a DVD that saids it has the "chipset/SATA/RAID/Network and Audio" drivers. But how am I suppose to load the drives during installation? Do I swap DVD's later if I only have one DVD drive? The manual saids to load the drivers only after the Operating System is installed, but how am I suppose to install the OS now? I haven't installed it yet, but I don't want to mess it up.

Can someone tell me if the DVD that came with the motherboard is actually the disc with the SATA drivers, or am I suppose to download the SATA drivers somewhere, since I looked at the Gigabyte website, and it didn't have any SATA drivers. Thanks!

I would just try the install without worrying about the SATA drivers. Windows should take care of that for you. I've never had to install SATA drivers for XP, Vista or Win 7, Windows has always installed the necessary drivers during the operating system install.

You can install the motherboard drivers once Vista has been installed, don't worry about it.

The Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L has native support for SATA drives. No drivers will be needed to install Vista.

Back
Top Bottom