question?

chaosunknown1

Beta member
Can someone make money by building custom computers and selling them on ebay for more money than they payed for the computer parts. I was just curious cause I would like to start doing that and was wondering whats the easiest and fastest way to learn how to build computers. I already know how to install new hard drives, upgrade ram, install new video cards and all that. But I still need to know more about building computers before I can start making money at it.

The margins are going to be slim if you're selling on Ebay, you will make some money but not much. The easiest way to learn how to build a new machine is by trying it out. Get a build together and post links and we can tell you whether or not the parts are all compitble/make suggestions and then you can try your hand on the market to see what kind of return you get. Like I said though, the margins will be slim.

well, it will be very competative on Ebay, but it doesnt matter about selling it durt cheap, you obviously cant charge the earth but its more or less how you word, how your layout and design will be that sells your product

and since you now how to install gpu, ram and hdd, all you need to know is putting the correct wires in the correct sockets :) oh and basically just make sure the socket ont he mobo are the same socket for the cpu etc - the sockets for the wires have the names near them anyway, like 'cpu_fan 1' or 'power_led' etc

Back
Top Bottom