Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-20-2010, 05:56 PM   #1
Beta Member
Default question?

Can someone make money by building custom computers and selling them on ebay for more money than they payed for the computer parts. I was just curious cause I would like to start doing that and was wondering whats the easiest and fastest way to learn how to build computers. I already know how to install new hard drives, upgrade ram, install new video cards and all that. But I still need to know more about building computers before I can start making money at it.

chaosunknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:07 AM   #2
Site Team
Default Re: question?

The margins are going to be slim if you're selling on Ebay, you will make some money but not much. The easiest way to learn how to build a new machine is by trying it out. Get a build together and post links and we can tell you whether or not the parts are all compitble/make suggestions and then you can try your hand on the market to see what kind of return you get. Like I said though, the margins will be slim.

Humans are the only creatures that won't live up to the their potential. Give everything your all. When you die, die on E.

So I ask you, what do you intend to do now?
iPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:35 PM   #3
Daemon Poster
Default Re: question?

well, it will be very competative on Ebay, but it doesnt matter about selling it durt cheap, you obviously cant charge the earth but its more or less how you word, how your layout and design will be that sells your product

and since you now how to install gpu, ram and hdd, all you need to know is putting the correct wires in the correct sockets oh and basically just make sure the socket ont he mobo are the same socket for the cpu etc - the sockets for the wires have the names near them anyway, like 'cpu_fan 1' or 'power_led' etc
6950 flashed to 6970 Oc:880cpu 1300memory,2x2gb ddr3 1066,phenomII x4 955 3.2ghz,Tuniq hsf,750w psu,1tb f2 32mb 7200rpm,2tb f4 64mb 7200rpm,cyborg V7, cyborg V3, X-fi creative sounfblaster, Audiophile M-audio,Xclio-windtunnel,Tb7300 graphics tablet
madanchi is offline   Reply With Quote