question

bravesofia

Solid State Member
Hi every1,

I don't know very much about computers at all so here is my question: Can some1 please tell me what the reason might be that my computer is accessing the E drive? I got some screenshots that need some explaining.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~kvollmann/

Thanks
Karin

someone must have split up your hard drive into partions. which is like a seperate hard drive but made up of the space of the one you got. for example if you have a 200gb hdd you might have 2 partions both being 100gb. they would appear as C:\ and D:\ or another drive letter.

they also installed windows on the partion with the drive letter of E:\

Thanks, does that mean some1 is using windows with all its progams on the E drive?
Is there any way for me to access that E drive and see what was done with it i.e. what programs were used

yes just go to my computer and you should see E:\ with a name next it and you can see all the files on there.

I tried it but it says that location is unavailable - everything seems to have been erased - ie recycler is empty, can't access any programs that are on it. What's the reason for that?

any .exe files says that it's not a valid win32 application i can see plenty of programs but i can't do anything with them - wont let me access any of them

on some it says that the file does not exist - but obviously some1 had used it can tell from the date

go into control panel>administarvie tools>computer management
on the left side there should be disk management double click it. wait for it too load.
it should say something like Disk0 on the botom tell me what drive letter next to Disk0 has the word system in parenteses next to it(cant spell)

Back
Top Bottom