The quesion that determines my new setup..

Half Evil

Golden Master
E6400. (Skt T) For this, I will need a new motherboard, and I would buy a gig of ram + the gig I have now totalling 2gb.

Fx-55. (Skt 939) For this, I will be getting a new motherboard, and I would be getting a single gig of ram.

4600+. (Am2) Once again, for this id be getting a new motherboard, and id be able to have two gigs of ram.

But my whole thing on this, is that the Fx-55 would rape the 4600+ and honestly, I have no idea how the Fx-55 would compare to the E6400. I havent been paying much attention to computer stuff lately. Its been about car audio, but im back re-learning it all, LOL

But yeah. I cant find benchmarks anywhere that compares the Fx-55 and the E6400. The reason this choice is a toss up is because they are about the same price.

And my only concern is that with Skt 939, they are outdated components, so upgrading in the future is pretty much of the quesion. But if I could make it good enough. And eventually get a second gig of ram, then id be set for a few years.

This processors wont be used in very intensive ways. Just games like Fable, Guild Wars, Far Cry, HL2, CS:S, etc. And apps such as Photoshop, and general multitasking, being internet, internet messaging programs, music and so on and so fourth.

I would seriously go wit the E6400 or even the E6600 if you can. If you want to go with an Athlon FX CPU, look into the FX 60-62. For the money, you can't go wrong with the E6400. It's by far the most superior CPU I have ever seen to date. AMD has a lot of catching up to do.

Well thats what I figured, but I couldnt find a damn thing on it, I even searched tomshardware... so I was going over my what if's.

Haha, thanks for the reassurance.

I dont think I quite want to do the E6600, Id like to save the extra hundred

Back
Top Bottom