Quadruple or even Quintuple Booting

animere

Beta member
Hey guys. I am currently running a dual boot computer (Ubuntu and XP with Dell Utility Partition; GRUB Bootloader) and I am trying to Quadruple boot (XP, Vista, Mac OS, Ubuntu) and I am trying to see if this is possible.

1) What do I need; 5 partitions? (1 Ext3 for Ubuntu, 1 Linux Swap, 2 NTFS for XP/VISTA and 1 FAT32 for Mac)

2) What order would you guys recommend? (I'm thinking Ubuntu last so I don't have to set up GRUB but I hear gParted is easiest to use)

3) Any other advise?

Hey guys. I am currently running a dual boot computer (Ubuntu and XP with Dell Utility Partition; GRUB Bootloader) and I am trying to Quadruple boot (XP, Vista, Mac OS, Ubuntu) and I am trying to see if this is possible.

1) Is this possible to have 6 partitions?

Yes it's possible to have 6 partitions. Good luck with the bootloaders though lol

Good luck with OS X. Getting drivers can be a pain, if you don't have a source for them.

As for advice, I wouldn't get hung up on a project like this, it's not practical lol.
Tell us how it works out though, I've never had more than one OS running at a time, never found a need to, four, that's just a bit excessive :D.

Back
Top Bottom