Quad GPU's?!?!

First AGP 1x, then 2x, 4x, 8x, before that there was PCI and PCI-X, now PCI-Express, and finally SLI. I'm getting a nice sweet PCI-E board and sticking with that. A single GeForce 6800 Ultra will be good enough for me, thank you. Why buy two 6600GTs when you can get a 6800GT which is just as good??? Why buy two 6800GTs when a 6800 Ultra is good enough??? And why buy two 6800 Ultras when no game needs more than one???

These 4 GPUs look nice enough, but no game will use them. Half-Life 2 wouldn't even push the 3rd and 4th GPUs that hard. What is the point on wasting money and space on that thing when you can buy a 6800GT???

Some people...

HL3? haha well eventually games are gonna need that, and then it will be a good thing that people are already making prototypes, so they can keep up with the high graphics demand that games now a days are requiring.

I think real life graphics can only come into play when more lighting and effects come into play with Direct X.

If you think about it, it's the plolygon power as well, but when it comes to games becoming realistic, it's been because of the extra effects Direct X produced too (e.g Pixel Shaders to create water effects and realistic rocks, shiny materials, etc) like for instance something to me that makes Half life 2 look realistic is the shaders used on the floors to make light glow onto them.

What you's think?

*KaGe*

Sorry but that article is slightly incoorect, it staes that the gigabyt gv-3d1 had 512mb of memeory, this is incorrect, it only had 256mb!!!

lol, I just noticed, ardy always puts exclamation points at the end of his sentences. Are you on speed or something? lol

needforspeed said:
These 4 GPUs look nice enough, but no game will use them. Half-Life 2 wouldn't even push the 3rd and 4th GPUs that hard. What is the point on wasting money and space on that thing when you can buy a 6800GT???

Well at least nVIDIA is brave enough to give it a try. Unlike the wussies at ATI who wait and bite off of nVIDIA...*cough* AMR! *cough*

Damn it seems like i'm in the ice age. Since my comp only has PCI, I recently purchased a nVIDIA GeForce FX5200. It performs well enough for me, since I don't have the jack to build a completely new one.

Sorry about the exclamation poitns, I cant help but use em. Its like an addiction.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!aaahhhh thats better!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The VooDoo5 6000, which was never released, had 4 GPUs on one card, so this isn't exactly break-through stuff, it's more trying to revive what died out a long time ago.

Back
Top Bottom