Quad Cores and 7.1 sound

Turtle24999

Solid State Member
I am buying a computer that comes with a Intel Q6600 Quad processor. For $150Cdn I can upgrade to a Q9400 Quad Core. Is it worth forking out the extra cash? I've seen lots of reviews saying the 6600 is one of the best selling of the quad cores. One other question. Would a soundblaster 7.1 card support a 5.1 surround speaker system? Would you comprimise sound quality?:confused:

The Q6600 and the Q9400 are roughly the same speed, with the Q9400 being just slightly faster. It's not worth $150 more. The Q6600 is 65nm and the Q9400 is 45nm, so the 9400 would use slightly less power and reduce less heat but there's not much to chose between them apart from that.
One other question. Would a soundblaster 7.1 card support a 5.1 surround speaker system? Would you comprimise sound quality?
I'm not an expert on sound cards, but I'm sure there are others who can answer your question.

One other question. Would a soundblaster 7.1 card support a 5.1 surround speaker system? Would you comprimise sound quality?:confused:

The Soundblaster 7.1 channel cards will support 5.1 surround speaker systems. Some support 2.1 channels! The settings in the Soundblaster menus allow you to test/set up your system, adjust the EQ, Sample Rates...

Sound quality isn't compromised at all by using 5.1 speaker system over a 7.1 system. You'll just loose the left & right middle speakers.

The decent Soundblaster cards have a S/N ratio well over 105dB and will output at 96K sample rates in 24 bit word lengths!

And if your into your music production then they make brilliant audio interfaces for the starters with their low latency drivers.

The Soundblaster 7.1 channel cards will support 5.1 surround speaker systems. Some support 2.1 channels! The settings in the Soundblaster menus allow you to test/set up your system, adjust the EQ, Sample Rates...

Sound quality isn't compromised at all by using 5.1 speaker system over a 7.1 system. You'll just loose the left & right middle speakers.

The decent Soundblaster cards have a S/N ratio well over 105dB and will output at 96K sample rates in 24 bit word lengths!

And if your into your music production then they make brilliant audio interfaces for the starters with their low latency drivers.

thats alot of fancy talk
all i know is that 7.1 had better support 5.1 speakers
cuz thats what i will use

Back
Top Bottom