Qosmio X775 Q7170 Power Problems

Crapcicle

Baseband Member
I recently bought a new Qosmio X775 Q7170 from Amazon and after about 1 month of usage suddenly my laptop is having power problems. I can't use my warranty since I live in the pacific and bought my computer in the US. I tried bringing it to a Toshiba service center but they couldn't identify the problem and (brashly) told me to change the whole motherboard. I think it is a problem with the way the laptop transfers power though as i have observed this; the longer i keep my laptop off, the longer it can stay on. I left it alone for 2 weeks wondering what to do and checked to see if it would (by some divine miracle) stay turned on for more than 3 seconds as it usually shuts down at BIOS. And to my surprise it stayed on for about 30 seconds and was able to boot windows as if nothing was wrong. So I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem with a toshiba/qosmio/any other laptop and if they were able to fix it and how. Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to get all the details in as this computer cost me $1000 and is a great gaming computer and i would hate to have scrap the whole thing due to a simple unidentified power problem. :(

The fan works fine. I can hear it when i turn the laptop on and there is air coming out of the side.

Sounds like overheating. Laptops are extremely susceptible to dust. Use a can of compressed air and blow out the vents.

I just blew out the vents with a blow dryer set on cold, and the laptop is finally powered on as of now. But I am unsure if the fan is working properly as i tested opening a graphic intensive game to see if my GTX 560m kicks in (which it did), but I don't feel the fan going into overdrive as it usually does. How do i check if it is working correctly?

I just blew out the vents with a blow dryer set on cold, and the laptop is finally powered on as of now. But I am unsure if the fan is working properly as i tested opening a graphic intensive game to see if my GTX 560m kicks in (which it did), but I don't feel the fan going into overdrive as it usually does. How do i check if it is working correctly?
I checked and saw my fan was working by looking under my laptop but ound out through Speedfan that it does not adjust to the settings i put it on and is not detected under the Fans tab in Configure. Would this mean that I may need a replacement?

Not necesarily. Laptop fans are wired differently. If you can feel air coming out of the vent and the laptop stays on without issue, then you know the fan is working.

Back
Top Bottom